What To Watch
It's April, which means spring is here (and the new Avengers: Infinity War is about to drop)!!
Last month, I saw a good amount of movies, thanks to my MoviePass! My favorite one from last month was a movie that was actually on my "maybe list" -- Ready Player One! Also quick side note, if you're looking for a way to see more movies in the theater, I highly suggest signing up for MoviePass! Life-changing for all movie lovers y'all, life-changingl! :)
Back to the movies for this month, I only have two films that I'm really, really excited to see! It's the shortest list I've had so far but one I also believe includes absolute hits! One of them is in a genre I hardly ever watch! (Oh geez!) The other is one that doesn't even need a description. ;)
My maybe list is stacked, and I'm positive I will be seeing a good amount of those as well, thanks to (again) my MoviePass! :) Also, I have a few on my "if it's your jam list" for the ones I won't be seeing but my fancy your interest.
So grab your cup of joe, and let's get to it! Here's what I'm seeing this month in theaters:
- Avengers: Infinity War
- A Quiet Place
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
(Action / Adventure / Fantasy)
It's all been leading to this.
"The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe."*
Our fave superheroes are back! After an incredibly impressive solo cinematic debut by Black Panther, the MCU's biggest stars are back together to help defeat Thanos in what's sure to be another huge hit for Marvel and all of its fans!
I was a little apprehensive, at first, about all of these huge characters in one movie together. I for sure thought it was just way too overcrowded and would hurt the storytelling aspect. But after seeing that first teaser trailer, I don't have any more doubts!
The original Avengers are back, with new additions like Black Panther (and Okoye and Shuri), Spider-Man, Dr. Strange (and Wong), Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch, and the Guardians of the Galaxy members! I've been trying to steer clear of some of the already released teaser scenes from the movie though, because I want to be as surprised as possible (ha!). But it looks like the cast of Black Panther is going to play a vitale part in the film, which of course makes me extremely happy! :)
Starring absolutely way too many people to name :), and directed by the Russo Brothers (they recently directed my second favorite MCU movie (after Black Panther) -- Captain America: Civil War) -- make sure you see Avengers: Infinity War when it lands in theaters later this month on April 27th! :)
A QUIET PLACE
(Drama / Horror / Thriller)
If they hear you, they hunt you.
"A family is forced to live in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound."* Okay, so horror films aren't usually my jam. I don't ever really watch them, let alone go to the theater to see one. But let me tell you, as soon as I saw the teaser trailer for this one, I was in!
- First of all, Emily Blunt is the truth. :) She's an incredibly, versatile and gifted actress and I've been a fan of hers for a while now. I'll usually see anything she's in. (check)
- Another thing, I'm always intrigued with movies that have small casts or not a lot of locations or minimal dialogue. I'm interested to see how the filmmaker pulls it off and what she or he does! (check)
- Also, I love a writer, director, actor movie as well! (check)
- Oh, and I love a good thriller! (check)
All of these immediately made me want to see this movie. The sign language aspect really pulled me in as well (fun fact: I know ASL: American Sign Language). :) Also, I've heard that the movie is really "scary" which I don't normally like to watch, but I'm definitely going to for the reasons above.
Emily Blunt's husband, John Krasinski (you might know him from the television hit show The Office or the film 13 Hours, among other things), stars in the movie with her and he also co-wrote the script and directed the movie! This marks his third film that he's directed (the others: Brief Interviews with Hideous Men and The Hollars).
After all of the hype it's gotten so far after its debut at SXSW, Krasinski looks to have a really promising career as a director. I just hope this movie doesn't freak me out too much when I'm watching it! :)
Starring Emily Blunt, Noah Jupe (from Wonder -- this kid is gonna be a star y'all), Millicent Simmonds (who is actually deaf in real life -- and a star in the making too), and John Krasinski, catch A Quiet Place in theaters on April 6th!
Some Maaaaybe Movies I Might See!
- I Feel Pretty (Comedy) -- starring the funny Amy Schumer, about an insecure woman who wakes up from a fall believing that she's the most beautiful woman in the world -- in theaters on April 20th!
- Chappaquidick (Thriller) -- starring Jason Clarke, about the famous vehicle accident that involved Ted Kennedy -- in theaters on April 6th.
- Rampage (Fantasy / Sci-Fi) -- starring Dwayne Johnson, and loosely based on the video game series -- in theaters on April 13th.
- Traffik (Thriller) -- starring Paula Patton and Omar Epps -- in theaters on April 20th.
- Blockers (Comedy) -- starring Leslie Mann, John Cena, and Ike Barinholtz -- in theaters on April 6th.
- Borg vs. McEnroe (Drama / Sport) -- starring Shia LaBeouf and Sverrir Gudnason, about the tennis rivalry between John McEnroe and Björn Borg -- in theaters on April 13th.
- Disobedience (Drama / Romance) -- starring Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz, that explores the boundaries of faith and passion between two women -- in theaters on April 27th.
If It's Your Jam!
A few movies I don't plan on seeing that might fancy your interest:
- Truth or Dare -- April 13th.
- Super Troopers 2 -- April 20th.
- The Miracle Season -- April 6th.
There you have it -- what to watch this month! Will you be seeing any of these movies? Let me know on Instagram!
Bring a friend to the movies and make sure to check out MoviePass if you haven't yet! :)
Happy weekend!! :)
(*All quotes taken from IMDB; all movie posters belong to their respective owners).