HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! :)
I always tend to take some time to reflect around the holidays, as I'm sure we all do. I reflect on how things are going and how things have went, and I always seem to become more aware of how I need to practice gratitude more often, more frequently.
Sometimes we get so caught up with the little problems that might be bothering us at the time. Sometimes we become consumed by them and we let these so called problems control how we feel and cope from day-to-day. Sometimes it's overwhelming. I mean, yes, we're human. Things happen. We react.
But during these times, even though it can be difficult at first, we must stop, more frequently, and reflect on all the good that's occuring in our lives. We need to practice gratitude as often as we can, for the sake of our minds, for the sake of our heart, for the sake of our lives.
According to happify.com:
"The benefits of praticing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they're thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems."
Here are a couple of ways we can incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:
- Keep a gratitude journal or gratitude jar.
- This is a big one. Let's right down a couple of things a day that we're thankful for -- even the things that may seem "small." Get as specific as we can. Write it in the journal or put it in a jar, just get it out and recognize the beauty.
- Get a new perspective.
- Journaling can help with getting a new perspective, adjusting our eyes and minds to see even the simplest things that help to lighten up our day and lets the sun in. Let the sun in, change our perspectives -- try to see with new eyes.
- Recognizing others.
- When someone does something nice for us: holding the door open, letting us into the neighboring lane when we're driving (my fellow Angelenos can definitely relate to this), someone gives us a cup of coffee or whatever it may be -- recognize it. Appreciate it. Be thankful for it.
- Celebrate others.
- Lifting up those we love and care about can lift our own spirits as well. When we lift up those and celebrate those around us and the people we love, it can open our own eyes to see all that we can celebrate in our own lives. Send someone a nice email or write them a letter.
There's so much to be thankful for and there's so much to celebrate, we just need to practice being aware of all the beauty, all the good.
Expressing and recognizing all the good that occurs daily in our lives will make us more positive and grateful. Let's always remember to encourage one another and lift up each other.
I've included a few FREE quote photos (that I shot and edited) that I love that go so well with this time of year! (PS, you can download or Pin these on Pinterest too!)
I've also included a fun little gratitude journal option for you (or if you want to gift it to someone you love!) below the quote photos!
Wishing you the best this Thanksgiving!
THE FIVE MINUTE JOURNAL: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day! You can shop it on Amazon below:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! :)
All the good things,